My Avatar

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Weekly Update: Surviving Back to School


Reflection…

My head is buzzing from this week, and it is only Wednesday! My only reflection so far is that I am glad to see students in classes. Wow. I really missed those strange little people! Hopefully I can be more thoughtful and reflective next week. J Until then…I send you love and a picture of my own little weirdo!




Important Information…

Beginning of Year Testing: Please watch your emails later this week or early next week for important information regarding beginning of the year testing.

New!
Technology Tutorial Shorts: I will be adding more to this site, and I take requests!

T-shirts: Be sure to get your orders to Karyn or Becky ASAP.

August Staff Development Resources: Copies of all of my stuff in case you want to go back to review. J



Upcoming Meetings & Staff Development Opportunities…

FREE Learning on Demand!!!
Free courses on a variety of professional development topics. Talk to me about options for receiving credit and adding a course to you professional development portfolio.

West Houston Area Council of Teachers of English (WHACTE) Annual Breakfast
Saturday, September 21, 2013
Sugarland Marriot

Mark Overmeyer at North Harris County Council Teachers of English (NHCCTE) Breakfast
Saturday, October 5, 2013
Hilton Houston North

Webinar: Inquiry in the Garden
Tuesday, September 10, 2013



Great Resources…

Great website for finding high-interest, information-rich news articles.

Graphite: Check out ratings of apps, games, websites, etc. written by educators.

Mentor Text of the Year Program

Teaching Channel Show off your Classroom Contest


Something to make you laugh…

The Obituary of the Student Desk


No comments:

Post a Comment