My Avatar

Friday, March 8, 2013

Weekly Update, March 8



Reflections…

I was sitting on my couch last night eating fortune cookies with my husband. Here was my fortune:



What makes teaching such a beautiful profession to me is the amount of compassion that is present in just a single day. That is at the heart of what we all do. We care….we care a lot. I’m not sure that I actually found a true fortune in the center of my cookie so much as I found a truth. Living compassionately is hard work. It isn't just something you do…it is something you live.



Upcoming professional development opportunities and district meetings…

MWE STAAR Training
March 27, 2013
3:15-4:45

DRA2 Training
March 26, 2013
3:30-5:30
Register in Eduphoria:

Flipping Classrooms on a 21st Century Network
FREE Webinar
March 14, 2013 @ 1:00 p.m.

Science Academies
Grades K-4
Offered FREE through Region 4
March 12-14

Energize Your Earth Science Curriculum
Grades 4-5
GT Approved
May 11, June 14, July 12, or August 2
Click HERE to see flier. 

Creating All STAAR Readers and Writers with Barry Lane & Alana Morris
June 17 & 18





Some stuff I’ve been reading…

36 Things Every 21st Century Teacher Should Be Able To Do
I really enjoyed this list because it gives such a wide variety of things to consider when thinking about how new technologies impact the classroom. I found some really helpful, short descriptions for how to do certain things on my computer.

TED-Education: Creative Problem Solving
iTunes U course
I am more watching this than reading, but I thought it still applied. The course is made up of 7 videos; the longest one is 27 minutes. So far, I’m REALLY enjoying it.



Some sites/apps worth exploring…

Awesome Stories
AWESOME SITE! There is a calendar with links to really interesting articles for Science and Social Studies. It is worth taking the time to check this out.

Teaching Channel
I know I learn the best by seeing teachers in action. This site lets you watch videos of teachers teaching. Very cool.

8 Tips New Test Takers Should Know

Apps:
Professor Kim-What’s missing here?
Marble Math



Don’t forget, you can find more at…
Teacher Learners on Edmodo
Group code: 9fq5dz


No comments:

Post a Comment