My Avatar

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Weekly Update: Hello, May!

Reflections…

This week I want to bid goodbye to poetry month (you were wonderful) and ring in May with a little poem. I hope you enjoy. :) 

A Teacher in May…

The year’s almost done
Maybe not almost enough
I think I’m falling apart
My back hurts
My feet hurt
My vision’s a little blurred
I’ve been giving it my all for so long

But now all this talk about
Endings
Check-outs
Graduations
Good-byes
Has my sentimentality increasing
The pains in my back
(and the ones in my neck)
Suddenly seem like memories
To smile about
To remember
To have lived through together


Upcoming meetings and staff development opportunities…

Intermediate Team Meeting
May 6, 3:15-4:15

Teaching in the Outdoor Classroom
May 8, 4:00-6:30 p.m.
Nottingham Elementary School
(Free childcare will be provided.)

Primary Team Meeting
May 20, 3:15-4:15



Some sites worth exploring…

Check out what’s happening with SBISD Social Studies curriculum

News about two SBISD students participating in the JASON project

Free ebook!

Free webinars!

Great resource link list from Teachers College Press

50 Ideas for iPads in the Classroom

Practice Grammar with Technology

Awesome teacher-techie blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment